Saturday, July 29, 2006
How do you feel about death? Tell about your philosophy of after-life.
I, for one, like he majority of people, fear death. At a certain period in this year, I was terrified, petrified about death. I was apprehensive to what would happen after death.But I have gotten over my fears and learnt to accept that at a point of life, every one would have to die. But I believe, that as long as I do my best to help others and have faith in the Lord above, death is nothing to be afraid of. But as human beings, we still fear death, which we are very vague about.
Apart from fear, death also brings sadness.Sadness to the loved ones and friends of the deceased.My grandfather passed on when I was four.Then, everything was very vague and I could not really understand. In addition I was not very close to my grandfather, thus, did not feel much of a loss. Since then,I have seen more of this kind of losses, but from a third person's perspective, not to have lost someone, or to be the loss someone.But to watch from the side of the proceedings and griefings. Recently, when I was blog-reading, I came across a blog which had entries which were talking about a loss of a close friend. I felt great sympathy for this person as I know that it would hurt alot.It would feel like the sun would never rise again and the rain would never stop falling, like tears the skies cry. I sincerely hope that none of this will happen to me as I would not know what to do at all.
Death may bring sadness and fear, but along with it, it also brings relief to some. Those terminally ill patients may long to die as they would want to end the sufferings and go to a better place where they may rest in peace.
Death can be many things, it is how you look at it. But as long as you lived a good life, there should be nothing to fear or regret.
jaimeeee! roared at